Your child will be challenged to develop a wide range of skills and stamina in order to achieve this award, with a focus on good stroke style.
The Swim England Swimming Challenge Awards are for young people working towards Stages 8-10 of the Swim England Learn to Swim Framework, with Bronze, Silver and Gold Awards available.
Swimming Challenge Awards – Silver
This group of skills tests the pupil’s ability:
- To plunge dive into water of at least full reach depth.
- To swim 100 metres in less than three minutes using any stroke. A change of stroke may only occur at the completion of a length of the pool.
- To tread water for two minutes with one hand behind the back.
- To swim 10 metres, followed immediately by two surface-dives into water of full reach depth, one head first and one feet first, bringing an object to the surface on each occasion.
- To scull head first on the back for 10 metres and return by sculling 10 metres feet first. A horizontal position must be maintained throughout.
- To swim 800 metres: 400 metres on the front and 400 metres on the back. A change of stroke may only occur every 50 metres.
- To climb out at the deep end without assistance.